1. FD 2. Real estate 3. Share market
Now lets compare in brief. FD can give at max 10% per year of your investment. Real Estate depends on the location and progress of the place. It may get you double or triple or lets assume 10 times the amount. and last the share market that we can’t trust.
Lets check how a Domain can bring you great return. Before that let’s have a look at the list of Top 10 domain sold ever.
1. Sex.com – Sold for $13 million by Escom to Clover Holdings on 17 November 2010.
2. Insure.com – Sold for $16,000,000 (16 million dollars) in October 2009 to QuinStreet
3. Fund.com – $9,999,950 – Sold in 2008
4. Porn.com – Sold for $9,000,000 sometime in 2007
5. Business.com – Sold for $7,500,000 in 1999
6. Diamonds.com – Sold for $7,500,000
7. Beer.com – Sold for $7,000,000
8. Casino.com – $5,500,000 – Sold to a private company in 2003
9. Slots.com – $5,500,000 – Moniker auction May 2010
10. Toys.com-$5.1M- sold to Toys R Us
Now, a simple question, are they really worth that much? and the Answer is yes of-course. The buyer invested millions for these domains as these domains are capable of bringing millions of traffic to them and no doubt this traffic will bring equal business/money in return.
A new domain can cost around $2 to $10 per year. And if you have nice domain name and full fill all criteria of Premium domain , it will return you more than 1000 times your investment. The domain name should be easy to spell and remember, as short as possible, should be name of any products etc.
The other way is to invest in old domains which are already been registered and kept on sale. Buy them hold them for sometime and put them back on sale to get profit out of your investment. In the meanwhile, you can still earn from the idle sitting domains by parking them to many available money making parking services. For more information you can visit Sedo, Dnjournal, Elliotsblog, Ricksblog.
List of Top 10 domain sales can make you Domainer